Connect to HotelSwaps via SiteMinder
This technical guide is intended to highlight the key differences between HotelSwaps and other OTAs when connecting and managing HotelSwaps on your Channel Manager. For a general training on the essentials of the Channel Manager, please click here.
1. JOIN HOTELSWAPS
If you are not yet a member of HotelSwaps, visit www.hotelswaps.com/siteminder, chose a membership option and apply. You will receive a confirmation email from HotelSwaps when your membership is approved.
2. CONNECT HOTELSWAPS TO YOUR CHANNEL MANAGER
- 1. Login to SiteMinder and click on CHANNELS, Connect new channel, select HotelSwaps.
- 2. Complete the 5 steps of the connection wizard. Your Hotel Code is your HotelSwaps membership number, mentioned on the confirmation email you received at time of HotelSwaps affiliation.
- 3. The SiteMinder support team will notify you when the connection is approved.
- 4. Click on CHANNELS, CHANNEL SETTINGS and verify that HotelSwaps is an active channel.
3. MAP YOUR STANDARD ROOM DOUBLE OCCUPANCY (or equivalent)
- 1. Click the CHANNELS tab. Select HotelSwaps. Click on ROOMS & RATES.
- 2. Click on Map to HotelSwaps next to Room Type “Standard Room Double Occupancy” and the room rate of your choice. You can choose to include Breakfast. You will need to indicate this both on the rate plan and on your Hotel Information page on HotelSwaps.
- 3. Set the rates to 0 for the HotelSwaps channel. You can do this by (i) selecting “Manually input daily rates” and updating the inventory tab; or (ii) selecting “Derive daily rates”, derived from “Room only”, Adjust daily rates by “Percentage” and Percentage adjustment “Decrease” by “100”%.
- 4. YES to start updating channel and SAVE.
4. MANAGE INVENTORY
HotelSwaps does not support CTA, CDA, min stay and max stay. HotelSwaps supports the stop sell feature allowing you to restrict HotelSwaps reservations for certain periods of the year.
5. MANAGE RESERVATIONS AND REQUESTS
Credit card details
You will not receive the credit card details of a HotelSwaps Guest at the time of booking. You can request Credit Card details from the HotelSwaps Guest at the time of check-in to cover for any local tourism taxes and guest incidentals.
HotelSwaps members may send you reservation requests to stay at your property during periods when you have not allocated availability on your Channel Manager. You will receive such reservation requests by email and will be able to accept or decline directly on the HotelSwaps website here. Accepted reservation requests will appear on your Channel Manager.
6. MANAGE HOTELCOINS
You will earn HotelCoins as payment for reservations made by other HotelSwaps members.
The pricing of your hotel rooms in HotelCoins is determined by HotelSwaps based on your hotel’s category and seasonality so you do not need to maintain a separate pricing in HotelCoins on the Channel Manager. You can find more details about HotelCoin pricing in the HotelSwaps FAQs here.
Management of your HotelCoins account is done on the HotelSwaps website. Logging in will let you view your HotelCoin balance and account history, transfer HotelCoins to any person of your choice, view availability at other member hotels, book your HotelSwaps reservations and order products and services from HotelCoin suppliers.
HotelCoin credits and cancellations
Your HotelCoin account will be credited with the relevant number of HotelCoins at the time of the booking. If a guest cancels 15 days or more before the check-in date, the HotelCoins earned at the time of booking will be debited from your hotel account. If a guest cancels 14 days or less before the check-in date, your hotel keeps all HotelCoins earned at the time of booking.
HotelSwaps FAQs and specific Terms & Conditions
The detailed HotelSwaps Terms and Conditions can be found here.
And additional questions are answered here.